Senior Game Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158622
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
We are seeking a Senior Designer for our announced project. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience designing systems and balancing gameplay mechanics. A strong literacy in game design and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas in both written and verbal forms is key.
- Create design documentation that clearly and concisely communicates the requirements and the vision of the system
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Optimize and find solutions to technical and production constraints
- Collaborate with Programmers and Data to develop and refine systems
- Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components.
- Analyze data and player feedback to continually optimize and improve the existing game experience
- Maintain a high proficiency in workflows and pipelines, collaborating to improve tools and methodologies
- Iterate on live features by evaluating player sentiment, reviewing telemetry data, and proposing and implementing updates
- Work closely with Live Ops and Data to design, prototype, and foster core gameplay systems, including player mechanics, game mechanics, game modes and inventory systems
- Mentor and lead junior designers
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of mobile game design experience, including 1+ with systems design experience
- Proven ability to create innovative gameplay systems and to enhance existing ones
- Experience with game analytics and developing monetization strategies
- Experience designing and building progression and engagement systems.
- A working knowledge of data and analytics and its application on game tuning.
- Great collaborator with familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile
- Strong understanding of classic gaming campaign and multiplayer modes and systems
- Passion for playing games and understanding the systems that drive them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the documentation of technical designs
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Designer
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-14 23:20:30.433
EEO Employer Verbiage: