Sr QA Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158604
Position Title: Sr QA Manager
We are Electronic Arts - and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive experiences in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is feels like that – working towards a common goal, surrounded by accomplished people to challenge you every day.
We are now looking for an experienced person who is passionate about driving software quality to provide leadership within our successful FIFA Franchise at EA.
What the Senior QA Manager Will Achieve at EA:
- QA owner for two large and distinct areas of the FIFA franchise.
- Set the QA strategy and lead a team to support the strategy.
- Manage QA Project Owners.
- Align and partner with development partners to achieve high-quality products, on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with partners in development and finance to establish schedules and budgets.
- Recruit, and manage the performance of the QA personnel.
- Establish knowledge transfer and communication processes with all teams.
- Develop reporting mechanisms, and project/test management methodologies
- Establish efficient methods of reporting and communicating.
- Participate in global QA projects, evolving the QA discipline in EA.
- Engage and collaborate with peers across EA on improving quality practices, or achieving shared goals
- Improve the operational efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new strategies.
- Be internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA. Communicate issues, concerns, and successes to your team.
- Contribute directly to performance evaluation of individuals and teams, compiling objective feedback that is channeled toward both personal and process improvement.
Who You Are:
- 5 years of managerial experience with at least 2 years managing managers.
- 5 years of experience in the Quality Assurance discipline or with a related focus on software quality practices.
- Develop business partnerships through senior levels.
- Track record in project and test management – Minimum 3 Years, Ideal – 5 years.
- Knowledge of software testing and software QA processes (preferably in games but not necessarily).
- Knowledge of software development processes, change management and process improvement.
- Experience working in a distributed Dev/QA environment and managing distributed teams. Automated testing experience preferred.
- Problem solving skills, identifying causes of issues and providing detailed summaries to the development teams.
- Understanding of EA’s Game Development Framework an asset
- Ceative problem solver who evaluates current practices and looks for improvement for the team and discipline as a whole.
- Influence and persuade those not directly in your reporting structure.
- Dynamic - quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr QA Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-14 20:49:46.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.