Sr QA Manager - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158604
Position Title: Sr QA Manager
We are Electronic Arts - and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive experiences in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is feels like that – working hard towards a common goal, surrounded by talented people that will support, encourage and challenge you every day.
We are now looking for a talented person who is passionate about driving software quality to provide leadership within our successful FIFA Franchise at EA.
What the Senior QA Manager Will Achieve at EA:
- QA owner for two large and distinct areas of the FIFA franchise.
- Setting the QA strategy and leading a high performing team to deliver on the strategy.
- Manage QA Project Owners.
- Align and partner with key development partners to deliver high quality products, on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with partners in development and finance to define schedules and establish QA budgets.
- Recruit, manage, train and evaluate the performance of the QA personnel.
- Defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and communication processes with internal and external teams.
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanisms, and project/test management methodologies
- Establish efficient and effective methods of reporting and communicating.
- Be an active participant in One QA initiatives, helping to evolve the QA discipline in EA.
- Regularly engages and collaborates with peers across EA on improving quality practices, or achieving shared goals
- Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new strategies.
- Be internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA. Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
- Contribute directly to performance evaluation of individuals and teams, compiling objective feedback that is channeled toward both personal and process improvement.
Who You Are:
- 5 years of managerial experience with at least 2 years managing managers.
- 5 years of experience within the Quality Assurance discipline or with a related focus on software quality practices
- Able to develop strong business partnerships through effective communication with Sr. levels of the organization.
- Proven track record in multi-disciplined project and/or test management – Minimum 3 Years, Ideal – 5 years
- Demonstrated knowledge of software testing and software QA processes (preferably in games but not necessarily)
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management and process improvement
- Previous experience working in a distributed Dev/QA environment and managing distributed teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, identifying root causes of issues and providing detailed summaries to the development teams
- Understanding of EA’s Game Development Framework an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and people management skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Pro-active, motivated, and energetic
- Creative problem solver who regularly evaluates current practices and seeks continuous improvement for the team and discipline as a whole
- Influence and persuade those not directly in your reporting structure
- Flexible and dynamic - quickly adapt to changing needs of the business
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr QA Manager - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-14 20:49:46.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.