Client Software Engineer - FUT
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158598
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
The Client Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They collaborate with game designers, UI artists, and game engineers to implement robust foundations for game features and modes. You’ll be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms, working on complex problems in the Game Modes domain.
- Work with existing codebase & libraries to achieve project goals, improving those technologies along.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required.
- Measurably improves process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in the games industry or in areas where memory and performance is of high importance
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- 2+ years of experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Strong understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Great communication skills that supports an open working environment in terms of feedback
- Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to meet project deadlines
- Passion for making games that look and play great.
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in a Client/Server environment
- Experience working developing art & content pipelines / workflows
- Experience with C# or WPF
- Experience with source control solutions (Perforce, Git)
Community / Marketing Title: Client Software Engineer - FUT
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-18 22:59:54.583
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.