Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 158561
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Who We Are
We are EA FUEL, a division of EA Sports crafting high quality mobile sports games and focusing on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences created to fit the lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Fuel currently operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
We’re now on the hunt for a new Server Engineer to join our team in Bucharest.
As a FUEL server engineer utilizing your strong server-side technical knowledge and JAVA as the primary development language, you will be responsible for building new features, enhancing existing ones and troubleshooting issues on the live environment.
You will collaborate with producers, designers, and other engineers to design, implement and deliver dynamic live services. You’ll participate in all phases of the software development life cycle and help maintain high quality standards throughout. Your ability to develop complex and scalable backend services will help ensure an immersive and enjoyable experience for our mobile games.
- Participate in the technical design and implementation of scalable server features and maintain a high quality standard throughout the software development cycle.
- Participate in the planning process providing input into design, estimates and scheduling.
- Investigate and resolve issues during QA testing, pre production, production and from the live environment.
- Interact with the other studio game teams on software integrations, and the Operations team on releases and deployment of feature updates.
- Report to the Development Director and be under the technical supervision of the Technical Director or Team Lead.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Sc. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 4+ years’ experience with developing server/backend applications on the Java platform. Deep knowledge of the Java programming language and exposure to other JVM languages. Knowledge of MySQL, Jetty/Jersey/Apache is expected.
- 4+ years’ experience in developing database applications, especially MySQL. Experience with other SQL and NoSQL databases, such as AWS RDS is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, etc).
- Experience with high scalability and load testing frameworks is desirable.
- Exposure to client technologies such as Haxe, Lua, C++ is a plus.
- Experience with source code management such as Git or Perforce.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with good documentation and email communication to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative and distributed team environment.
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
At EA Romania, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-12 19:25:25.23
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.