Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 158532
Position Title: Senior Applications Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
As part of EA-IT, the role offers a seasoned architect an opportunity to build web-based enterprise applications and solutions, including development architecture, design & coding standards, tools, or platforms. Leading a team of engineers, as a full stack architect you will architect several applications both for our use. You will use latest technologies and architecture principles of modern applications. You would also work with Scrum masters and Product owners to decide and provide the software bits. Building the product or application end-to-end from technical side would be part of your responsibility.
- As a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high-volume, high transaction-based web applications
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Initiate and provide effective experiences in partnership with distributed diverse teams to ensure all aspects of the architectural vision are communicated and supported to the highest standards
- Work as an architecture team lead on large diverse projects, ensuring that robust solutions are implemented
- Track development deliverables and communicate their status to global teams
- Estimate engineering effort during various stages of project life cycle
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance on all new code from beginning through integration, staging and production environments
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
- Coach and guide 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals in addition to individual contribution in coding.
- Manage end to end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards regarding code quality and efficiency
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and improvement
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs
The next great EA Applications Architect also needs:
- 10+ years of Exp in UI technologies
- Experience architecting and deploying high-volume, high transaction-based, distributed and redundant web applications.
- Understand Full stack modern technologies from UI layer to middleware and DB layer in detail.
- 5 plus years of strong hands-on experience in Angular or React
- Candidate with good experience in React Native/ Ionic and mobile app development is preferred
- Expert in Server-side development using Node.js
- Demonstrated ability to architect web on cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with Salesforce cloud platform preferred.
- Proven track record of leading technical teams in delivering web technology architecture, design and implementation.
- Understand modern distributed architecture and development frameworks (such as SOA, Lambda, Microservices) for scalable and very fast applications
- Understand design patterns.
- Experience with Databases including, Mongo and MySQL
- Experience writing shell scripts
- Hands on coding experience
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience in Enhancement projects
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: UI Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-13 05:32:54.09
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.