Environment Artist (Contract)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 158524
Position Title: Contingent
Environment Artist (Contract)
Environment Artists add the lighting to games and create the atmosphere and add realism, tone, and depth to a scene. They will also use lights and shaders to describe the surface appearances of different materials; such as human skin, hair, fabric, and concrete. Through the use of their craft, they will create visually balancing individual elements that allow game artists to produce a convincing character or environment. They need to use their technical skill and their aesthetic ability to create images that not only look good but are easy to render.
Environment Artists make sure there is consistency in lighting, color balance, and mood between the elements of a shot or scene in the game. Environment Artists ensure the CG looks photorealistic. Emphasize drama or narrative, and also establish and clarify location, weather, time of day, etc. The Artist will respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project. They will refer to the relevant production designs and apply that visual style as faithfully as possible, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and technical artists to understand and interpret design requirements with the engine’s technical limitations
- Support the Art Director and Environment Lead in the vision for the game while taking ownership of environments and props as assigned.
- Model, texture, light, prepare, place, and edit in-game environments to include basketball arenas, lighting, and props
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Keep the artistic style consistent with defined visuals
- An avid gamer is a plus.
- Background in Art preferred with a good sense of mood, color, and spatial balance
- Experience with Maya and Shader tuning
- Mel scripting proficiency is a plus
- Understanding game production workflow and systems preferred
- Two or more years of production experience (either game or film)
Community / Marketing Title: Environment Artist (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-07 17:49:00.757
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.