Sr. Game Designer
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 158501
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
WE WANT YOUR BRAINS… PopCap is on the hunt for bright, talented people with a passion for making the world’s best games. What’s in it for you? A super-fun environment, rewarding work, and lots of great perks. It takes big, delicious brains to make award-winning titles like Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, and Peggle. Are you up for the challenge?
Senior Game Designer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to join PopCap in Seattle.
- Partner with the Game Director to implement the game vision
- Spearhead the design of key game systems
- Work closely and collaboratively on a cross-functional team
- Create and maintain documentation of design solutions
- Prioritize design solutions based on the dynamic needs of the product and teams needs
- Develop and review new content and systems
- Keep abreast of design trends
- Articulate design choices in terms of the player experience
- Create fun and accessible systems that lead to high engagement
- 5+ years of experience in mobile game design
- Proven ability to create game concepts
- Strong knowledge of and experience with mobile gameplay systems
- Comfort and capability in creative and technical design discussions
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from different locations and different disciplines
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to seek and demonstrate clear decision making
- A passion for mobile games!
PopCap is the leading global developer and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across mobile, PC, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011. PopCap's games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and our flagship franchises, Bejeweled and Plants vs. Zombies, have sold more than 80 million units collectively.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-12 19:27:40.373
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.