Senior 3D Artist
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158484
Position Title: Senior Artist
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking an experienced Senior 3D Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level for an unannounced AAA title.
As a Senior 3D Artist, you will be responsible for creating assets that enhance the art direction and overall vision of the game.
Work task examples:
- Model and texture high quality photorealistic buildings, foliage, vehicles, props, etc.
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into our production pipeline
- Research software tools that can help enable art production.
- Provide mentorship and artistic guidance to internal artists
- Implement 3D assets into game engine
- Create LOD’s and destruction states
- Create node-based shaders
- Deliver feedback to outsourcing partners
- Reference and Photogrammerty photo shoots
Skills We Look For:
- Ability to create both hard surface and organic models with a high level of realism
- Excellent Maya or similar 3D modeling software skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience with creating PBR materials in modern texture and material creation software
- Solid experience and understanding of physically based rendering.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Superior eye for lighting, color and detail
- Experience with Photogrammetry
- Experience with Houdini
- Ability to work within memory and performance constraints while maintaining high visual quality
- Self-motivated, proactive and detailed oriented
- Great communication skills the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior 3D Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-12 23:20:14.993
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.