Senior Gameplay Designer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158410
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Senior Gameplay Designer – DICE LA
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for wildly creative applicants who have a strong passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, team player mentality.
- Create, communicate, and champion designs for select gameplay systems within a large project, that deliver to the project requirements
- Drive collaboration between all departments towards your designs
- Set priorities and objectives together with key stakeholders
- Work closely with other disciplines to implement your designs
- Keeping the player in mind, use feedback and telemetry to iterate on your designs and hone the player experience
- Participate in or lead critiquing your work and the work of others
- A minimum of two shipped AAA titles as a designer, multiplayer experience is a plus
- 5+ years of experience designing gameplay systems for action games, especially building player or AI characters
- Good instinct for tuning and balancing
- Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages and tools
- Broad taste in games
- Enjoys problem-solving within a creative team
- Independent, proactive, and driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Gameplay Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-01 23:49:41.267
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.