Head of Frostbite Engineering
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158378
Position Title: Head of Engineering
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games like FIFA, Battlefield, Madden, Battlefront, Need for Speed and more, with deep player experiences in the industry.
As a director level engineering leader in Frostbite, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of talented engineers to develop and deploy key aspects of EA’s Frostbite game engine across all of EA’s top HD and mobile games, worldwide.
- Utilize your extensive software management skills to guide your team’s development of new multimedia features, workflows and tooling.
- Influence the technology direction of Frostbite for years to come
- Shape people’s careers and mentor the team to help them reach their full potential.
Leaders at EA are expected to: Be Human First, Play as One, Get it Done, Aim & Inspire, Listen & Improve.
- Help build and nurture the foundation for a world-class game engine team of skilled managers and game engine programmers.
- Work with your team and partners to find creative solutions to complex problems as you lead the technical execution of the Frostbite roadmap of new game engine innovations at scale.
Required Skills / Experience
- 10+ years’ experience leading junior to senior level software engineers, in a professional, software engineering team that uses the DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and/or Agile development practices.
- A technical background in game engines, game development and/or software program management, with an inherent ability to overcome technical challenges, drive technical reviews and help stakeholders coalesce new software architecture ideas into prioritized, committed project plans for commercial delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to take very high-level direction, work through ambiguity under tight time constraints, and manage team execution within an iterative software development model.
- Experience with software application lifecycle management (ALM) suites, e.g. Jira, MS Project, Jira Align, etc. for tracking mobile software engineering deliverables
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, from executives to senior architects, to entry-level engineers
- Experience managing high performing teams, influencing others to grow talent, build culture and drive change
- Openness to occasional domestic and international travel
- Education:BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar technical undergraduate degree is required; MS or MBA is a plus
- Based on your experience, we may consider hiring at a Sr. Director level.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engineis shaping the future of gaming and about more job opportunities on the Frostbite team: https://www.ea.com/frostbite
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Frostbite Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-01 21:00:15.353
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.