Software Engineer (C# & Business Intelligence/Data)
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 158341
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer (Analytics)
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA Studios Data Engineering seeks a Software Engineer with a background in business intelligence engineering, analytics for a full-time position. The Data Engineering team reports to the Development & Technology Services (DTS) and creates tools, methodologies, and services to provide self-service business intelligence to help test our great games catalog.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that can engineer solutions using the full Microsoft BI stack and has a strong foundation in C# or other languages, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing technologies. You will work closely with Software Engineers and Data Analysts to deliver data needs of multiple teams.
Main responsibilities for this role will consist of working with our Development, Service, and Business Analytics teams to develop and support business intelligence tools. You will have the opportunity to:
- Engage and work amongst a small group of SEs working on the development of data solutions
- Help SEs build ETL/ELT, Data Warehousing Systems, maintain Data Pipelines and other related infrastructure
- Develop and manage ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services, .NET, and other tools.
- Develop and manage reporting hub using SQL Server Reporting Services. This includes clarifying requirements, estimating work effort, developing solutions, and managing the existing site.
- Manage a data warehouse and supporting data marts in a SQL Server environment. This includes managing security, monitoring performance, implementing schema changes, optimizing index and process performance.
- Work with data analysts to define requirements and deliver the necessary data and reporting needs.
- Ability to provides data quality support
- Partner with agile team members to drive quality standards through code reviews, test driven development strategies and design approvals
- Perform impact analysis and assisting with triage on service/support requests
- Document tools and practices and participate actively in knowledge sharing processes. Share best practices and learn from other team members and peers
- Promote positive morale and a sense of team identity
- Implement new features using all of the above components. This includes working closely with the Business Analysis team to gather requirements, architecting an appropriate BI solution, development and deployment into production, and continuing support.
- A minimum of 5+ years of software development on data warehousing and modeling technologies
- 2+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack
- Proficiency in a general-purpose programming language
- Proficiency in C# and p object or SOLID dependency objection
- Familiarity with cloud technologies like Azure and AWS
- Experience developing SSAS tabular models to be consumed by PowerBI or Excel (can perform complex functions)
What we may offer? Funny that you asked….
- A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips & tricks.
- Cool location in a non-crowded aria of Bucharest, very close to the subway (AFI Park).
- Flexible hours (we get it…it’s not always easy to get up before the rooster)
- Fresh fruits & a very good coffee (for some extra energy)
- Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you)
- Additional free days for Christmas period (Except the bank holidays - some extra vacation time for sure won't hurt)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (C# & Business Intelligence/Data)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-29 19:47:41.59
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.