Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158333
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Stepping into the world of Development Technology & Services, this group at EA has one vision: enable predictable development by driving Quality ‘by Design’. What does this mean? Stronger and cleaner code, robust and reliable tools, and progressive and innovative processes that push our development teams and our games to new heights.
The Software Quality Engineer provides engineering, architecture & quality guidance to engineers and leaders at EA while supporting the quality engineering team as a whole to build robust tools that ensure we deliver leading games and services to our players around the world.
The Software Engineer needs a strong ability to plan, implement, deploy, maintain, and have a advanced technical knowledge and experience in Java/C# and automation to support the development of our automation platform.
In a nutshell:
In this role, you will plan, build and release world-class tools, work alongside a global team driving innovation around quality testing and automation and strengthen relationships with developers and stakeholders around the world relying on your tools and skills that help make our games and products great.
Does this Describe You?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent
- Has a minimum of 4 years of technical industry experience working on tools and development process improvements working with object oriented programming such as Java, C#, etc.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures and Web Services is a plus
- Knowledge of software lifecycle, modern testing methods and solid understanding of continuous integration
- Feed and are driven by new and interesting challenges, love exploring new solutions and sharing those solutions with your teams.
- An effective collaborator and want to be part of a community – can share your tools, best practices and learnings with your teams around the globe
- Excellent communication skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-29 20:23:07.12
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.