Tools Engineer (Contract) - BioWare
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 158331
Position Title: Assoc Software Engineer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Tools Engineer will do:
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a “helpdesk” for content developers that run into technical issues. Help solve tools, processes, etc. issues that prevent them from doing their work.
- Make improvements to the content tools (primarily in C#) to improve processes and workflow.
- Diagnose build failures caused by content issues and assist the content developers in fixing them.
- Work with the engineering team to fix bugs or implement new features.
- A degree in software engineering or equivalent job experience.
- Proficiency in C# programming.
- Experience with Perforce or another version control system.
- A flexible working style. We are a small team, and everybody pitches in, sometimes in unexpected ways.
- A passion for working with end-users (the content team), understanding and improving their processes.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with graphics programming.
- Experience with a relational database.
- Experience with client-server engineering.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Tools Engineer (Contract) - BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-28 23:29:13.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.