Senior Lead Game Product Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158312
Position Title: Lead Game PM
Senior Lead Game Product Manager – The Sims
Location: Redwood City, CA
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We are great storytellers and create a platform for players to live their own stories. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we change the way millions play every day.
As a Product Manager on The Sims, you will work with a large but tight-knit team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You are autonomous and work on converting our goals into applicable tasks and follow them through to completion, gathering together and inspiring a team of like-minded collaborators.
The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base attracting a large young female skewing audience. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
You will report to the Senior Lead Product Manager on Maxis.
As the Senior Lead Game PM, your job is to advocate a well-informed strategic view that guides the product roadmap. You answer the “why” in all decisions and have a compelling, data-oriented argument to support your stance. You build and manage a PM team that provides the same level of rigorous strategic thought to specific focus areas of the product. Your team is also responsible for overseeing LiveOps planning and execution on the product. You possess strong communication skills and are comfortable presenting a compelling product vision to an Executive audience. Most importantly, you are an excellent co-worker, building strong relationships within your team as well as across EA departments.
- Oversee product strategy, ensuring growth opportunities are identified and properly prioritized
- Align product goals, targets and plans to studio financial goals
- Create the business case for the product’s revenue model and feature set
- Construct a risk mitigated go-to-market plan that establishes proof of concept for features prior to commercial launch
- Build confidence with executive and game leadership around proposed strategies
- Create and hire against a PM staffing plan
- Oversee team’s creation of and measurement against KPI targets for build releases and events
- Train PM team on processes, routines, frameworks and best practices
- Architect the product’s LiveOps strategy and oversee its execution
- Spec necessary tooling and work cross functionally to see it built and implemented
- Collaborate with Analytics and CI on analysis ideation, data collection, accessibility and visualization (and AB Testing)
- Partner with Marketing and Publishing to ensure coordination across all stakeholders
- 5+ Years in Game Product Management
- Strong understanding of gaming business models
- Holistic knowledge of all facets of the game’s business, from development to distribution
- Quantitative mindset and degree in quantitative field
- Experience in Investment Banking or Management consulting a plus
- MBA a plus
- Avid Simulation gamer a strong plus
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Lead Game Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-28 17:58:58.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.