Director, Marcom Strategy
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 158304
Position Title: Director, Digital Strategy
Director, Marketing and Communications (Marcom) Strategy
We are looking for a Director of Marcom Strategy to work across a portfolio of exciting games developed by our Canadian studios. You will be naturally curious, a strategic thinker, a thoughtful contributor to a team of accomplished strategists, and a collaborative partner to Brand, Game Development and Activation teams.
Our Marcom Strategy team determine the strategies that underpin our marketing campaigns. This global group of strategists, creative directors and copy writers decide the steel threads that guide the campaign from creation to execution, including the strategic narrative, brand identity, creative platform and creative direction for our hero assets. We are equally analytical and creative, and boldly chase the next insight to help us improve.
- Craft the marketing campaign strategies for our games
- Interpret insights from a variety of sources – Marcom Intelligence, Analytics, Consumer Insights – and implements those best practices and insights into our marketing strategies
- Champion the strategies and work of the team
- Collaborate with our internal Creative Directors, copy writers and external agencies to develop the creative platform for our games, along with the persona, tone and narrative
- Focus not only on the ideation of the strategy, but also partner with the different partner teams to ensure quality and thoughtful execution of the strategy
- Partner to our Brand and Studio/Game Development teams to ensure the marketing campaigns support the brand guidelines and the product
- Establish the indicators to measure the performance of the campaign
- Experience: 7+ years in a strategy or planning role within a creative agency, gaming or entertainment industries
- A leader: inspire across an organization
- A natural born storyteller: a natural understanding of narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
- A creator: a rich CV of creative activations and content across a variety of media
- Lives and breathes digital marketing: understands the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behavior in open/closed networks, and can visualize the consumer journey across channels
- Insights: interpret and decipher data to extract the insights to unlock fresh marketing
- You’re a gamer. This is a must!
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Marcom Strategy
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-29 01:32:30.38
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.