Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158288
Position Title: DD I
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. They must partner closely with producers (our product owners) to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at:
- Builds and evolves effective team; identifies resourcing needs, provides challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the successful completion of the project
- Provides line management to employees across disciplines within a single project team
- Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
- Establishing and assigning task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project-level and domain/game area level
- Proactively assessing and mitigating risk for assigned scope and actively working with product owners and tech leads to resolve problems that come up
- Partnering with production to manage scope and quality
- You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of dependability and commitment
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources as appropriate
- Run stand ups and sprint planning meeting effectively
- Track work progress and report status back to product owners at a regular cadence
- Prioritizing and resolving issues through creative problem solving skills;
- Recognizing and balancing priorities of eliminating the root causes of problems;
- Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with JIRA
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-28 23:20:07.477
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.