DevOps Engineer, Server Team
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 158284
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading live service mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We’re looking for a highly talented and dedicated DevOps Engineer who thrives in fast paced, ever changing development environment. As a DevOps Engineer you'll be an integral member of the Server Team which builds and maintains the Firemonkey's back-end game services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and evolve scalable server systems to support popular game titles
- Ensure high quality of network play experience and maximize availability
- Review and provide constructive feedback for code reviews
- Provide mentorship/guidance to game team engineers utilising the server framework
- Working under direction from the Technical Director on your project
- Working within a small, motivated team and communicating effectively within that team as well as outwardly with game teams
- Supporting production infrastructure through a rostered on-call rotation
For us, making games is about pursuing what we love and having fun doing it. As we continue to grow and shape the future of the mobile gaming industry, our studio and team has grown exponentially.
We are looking for people who want to be pushed, who want to bring the next generation of exciting, engaging games to our players.
We are looking for emotionally intelligent people with a can-do attitude.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong scripting abilities (BASH, Python, etc.)
- Collaborative, team-focused mindset
- Extensive Linux administration experience
- Ability to acquire new skills/technologies rapidly
- Database (NoSQL/SQL) administration experience
- Strong networking, DNS skill set
- AWS experience
- Experience with configuration management solutions
- Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Experience building scalable, secure, and highly reliable production environments
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong Docker/Kubernetes skill set
- Experience supporting high-volume, 24/7 mission critical environments
- Participating in on-call roster
- Strong understanding of the principles and implementation of infrastructure as code / immutable infrastructure
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer
- CI/CD, an 'automate everything' approach
- Performance tuning, metrics systems, dashboarding
- Experience with php-fpm, nginx, GO / golang valuable
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer, Server Team
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-24 22:00:36.473
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.