Software Engineer III
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158250
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Our Character Animation Research Team (A-Team) is a small team based in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. We are devoted to advancing the field of Character Animation and AI, to help bring characters to life.
Our technology is shared across multiple games in EA including FIFA, Madden, NHL, NBA, Battlefront and Anthem. We are looking for a passionate and talented engineer to join our team to push the boundaries of animation quality.
- Work closely with animators and engineers to develop user-friendly, snappy and efficient UI masterpieces
- Productize Machine Learning models for use in tools and runtime
- Work with content creators and engineers to create plugins for DCC tools to improve workflows and automate complex tasks
- Write infrastructure and tools so our Machine Learning models can be trained in the cloud and deployed to our content creators seamlessly
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party tools and APIs
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C#, C++ and Python
- Solid knowledge of Linear Algebra, Statistics and Calculus
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
- Previous experience in tool development, ideally related to 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems and GUI development
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices
- 1-2 years of experience in game development
- Knowledge of Machine Learning:
- Experience using Tensorflow, PyTorch, NumPy, SciPy and similar
- Experience with AWS or similar services
- High standards of work and desire to meet and exceed expectations
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for making games look and play great
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-23 17:57:35.787
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.