DevOps Engineer - EA Sports
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 158228
Position Title: Systems Engineer II
The DevOps team is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for a candidate to help administer our Splunk deployment across multiple titles and automate our workloads using Ansible. You will have experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, dedication, and passion for technology.
You will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and build projects and provide excellent results. We ask that you have excellent troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail, with focus on uptime and predictability. You are passionate building automation to reduce manual tasks. You will also involve some on-call support responsibilities.
- Directly support server environments and supporting tools environments (ie: Splunk), from development to production.
- Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Develop scripting and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks.
- Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
- Support an “always-on” gaming network infrastructure.
- Be “on-call” when needed to support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues raised from production and live services operations.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Work with a global team to implement technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model.
- Mentor junior engineers, new hires, and interns.
- Partner with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features; partners with other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Manage OS configuration.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (especially CentOS/RedHat), including design, implementation, ongoing administration, and support of essential systems.
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills aligned with enthusiasm, knowledge, attitude to learn.
- Working knowledge of Splunk administration with a focus on onboarding new data ingestion models.
- Experience with Ansible & Ansible Tower to automate our workload.
- Working knowledge of distributed source control such as GIT.
- Experience of common scripting languages (Perl, Shell, Python, PHP, the more the better).
- Expertise in OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers.
- Experience with LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, NAS.
- Working knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational data bases and related applications.
- Understand document and key/value store such as Cassandra, Memcached, Redis, or MongoDB.
Good to have:
- Experience with Cloud based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack, etc).
- Hands-on experience working with various network technologies – NLB, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches & Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Network Subnetting, VLANs, etc.
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer - EA Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-24 13:58:12.527
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.