Manager, Building Healthy Communities
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158215
Position Title: Sr Community Engagement Strategist
EA is looking for a Manager, Community Activation to help lead an enterprise-wide program aimed at building healthy communities and combatting behaviors that make players feel threatened or unsafe. The candidate will have a background in Community or Public Affairs, with experience working directly with consumers and building programs that create trust in the community. Reporting to the Director, Communication Activation Team, this position will include leading the communications roadmap, internal and external policies and procedures, the Player Council and toxicity measurement and reporting. In addition, this role will be a part of a cross-functional team that proactively monitors and mitigates toxic behavior in our community, working with partners in Security, Development, WWCE, Legal, EADP, Global Comms and other parts of the organization.
- Leads the healthy communities procedures in partnership with EA’s Trust and Safety and Security teams, escalating and tracking issues that come in via EA channels.
- Developing communications materials and messaging for EA’s building healthy communities work, including oversight of the externally-facing website and blog, internal and externally-facing messaging and executing the player engagement strategy.
- Partnering with the Director, Building Healthy Communities and agency to develop and lead a communications plan and roadmap for EA’s healthy community efforts.
- Working with the Global Analytics and Insights and Digital Intelligence teams on research and insights that inform new healthy communities policies and programs.
- Day-to-day leadership of the Player Council and external feedback events, utilizing key insights and partnerships with CFX partners to develop BHC programs.
- Working with members from WWCE, Security, Legal, Dev, Global Comms, GAI on programs, tools and technology that build healthy communities in EA games.
- Lead the execution of community toxicity reporting, including franchise toxicity analysis, benchmarking and issues reports.
- 5-7 years experience working on Community or Public Affairs programs.
- Experienced leader, with the ability to effectively work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, along with exceptional organizational and management ability.
- Action-oriented / self-starter with an ability to identify and solve challenges with passion, energy, attention to detail, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work through multiple projects simultaneously, while prioritizing high-impact work.
- Can effectively work through high-pressure crisis situations, and work in ambiguity to define a clear path.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Understanding of gaming industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field is preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Building Healthy Communities
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-22 06:30:12.067
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.