Software Engineer II(Web Development)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 158176
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer II (Web Development)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated Software Engineers/Programmers who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development environments. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be an integral member of a team delivering AAA mobile game experiences.
- Develop and build, sleek and fast loading modern web applications Using Angular/React and Node
- Develop and build high responsive Hybrid Mobile Apps using React Native or Similar frameworks
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure application UI meets functional requirements
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and software engineers to refine and improve the user experience.
- Work closely with a team of engineers in an agile development environment to create full, working, enterprise-scale Web and Mobile application prototypes
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- 4+ years of proven experience in web development projects
- Solid proficiency in .NET (C#) and ASP.NET MVC
- Good HTML/Ajax/JQuery experience
- Experience working with databases (MS SQL preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of software design concepts, such as object-oriented programming, common design patterns, algorithms, and development lifecycles.
- AWS knowledge – ( EC2, S3, Lambda etc.)
- PHP – Symfony framework
What to Expect:
- A relaxed, supportive working atmosphere
- The ability to work with your choice of OS, IDE and tools
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions with a wide range of talented engineers
- Career progression and mentoring
- A unique set of technical challenges to tackle
- The opportunity to expand and grow as an engineer
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II(Web Development)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-23 08:02:49.343
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.