Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 158171
Position Title: Artist
3D Generalist - JD
We’re EA - developers of world-renowned games such as —Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform—from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile’s valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
If you have the passion for playing and making games, we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for a 3D Generalist position we have in our studio!
You will be responsible for bringing characters and beautifully crafted worlds to life! You will work very closely with the Art Director, Senior Art Leads, Game Designers and other members of the game cross functional teams where both your creativity and technical skills will help shape and improve our games.
You should have:
- 3D Modeling: Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- A good eye for Light, Shades, Color, and Detail in creating Texture Maps of different material types
- Expert knowledge of 3DSMax, Photoshop, ZBrush and Substance Painter
- Knowledge in various aspects like Modeling, Texturing, Rigging and Animation
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (Shaders, PBR, Normal maps, Displacement maps etc.)
- Strong low and high poly modeling and texturing skills
- Familiarity with game development life cycle
- Understanding of cross platform game asset development workflows
- Knowledge of software packages and tools of the games industry like Unreal and Unity is a plus.
- Knowledge when comes to Architecture, Human Anatomy is a strong plus
You should also have:
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience coaching and/or mentoring other artists
- Keen understanding of mobile games and broad video game culture
- An attitude to self-organize and be a good team player
- Willingness to go that extra mile to support game development process on various fronts
Please send us your portfolio/demo reel that demonstrates your artistic creativity along with strong 3D art skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Artist 1
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-18 09:12:50.627
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.