Software Quality Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158125
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 3
As a Software Quality Engineer, you’ll need in-depth understanding of the development lifecycle of AAA titles from concept to project sunset. You will need to have a wide breadth of programing expertise and be able to effectively learn and utilize potentially many different programing languages, as well as being
proficient with frostbite engine code.
You will be building and supporting tools that augment and improve both development workflows and the QA verification processes. A strong sense of automation and efficiency is required to help identify workflows that can be improved. This will require you to work closely with both the Development team and the QV organization. As a part of DICE LA you will need a collaborative mindset working with both our local studio and other teams around the globe. Strong and clear communication skills are a must to drive knowledge sharing both internally and outside of the studio. Building robust tools that can last for years and add value to
the company as a whole, is what you’ll be doing.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- 4+ years experience with C++ and C# and .net Framework
- Experience with SCM tools (Perforce, Git)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Powershell)
- Knowledge of SQL or MySQL
- Experience with use of build management tools, e.g., Jenkins
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
- Competent in object-oriented design and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Experience with a Client/Server environment
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Rational and Timely decision-making capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Development Experience with current generation Microsoft and Sony platforms
- Statistical analysis practical experience
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Experience debugging crash dumps (ASM)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Quality Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-16 16:11:16.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.