QA Analyst II – Online Test Group
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158122
Position Title: Quality Analyst II
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA was founded over 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Quality Assurance Analysts, perform a vital role in game development, testing, tuning, debugging, and suggesting detailed refinements that lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game. The job involves playing (i.e., testing) the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, they act as the game’s first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. They are responsible for assuring quality in the final product and for finding flaws in a game before it goes public.
QA Analyst II (Full Time) – Online Test Group
Location: EA Redwood Shores
Main Purpose of the Role
As part of the Digital Platform Systems Test organization, The Online Test Group [OTG] provides game end-user scenario gap analysis, end-user scenario generation, end-user log capture efforts, and User Experience (UX) support across PC, Microsoft, Sony, and Mobile. These efforts are delivered to the Core Systems Test Engineering Team for the purpose of stress load script profile generation.
The Quality Analyst II is responsible for overseeing a wide range of tests to ensure the software meets our player’s expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and objectives, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the overall quality of targeted test items. This position serves as the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project.
The Quality Analyst II champions best practice and innovation in testing, playing a vital role in ensuring testing practices or processes are up-to-date, accurate and forward thinking. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from stakeholders.
Finally, the QA Analyst II are the representatives of our group to our partners across EA and Externally and as such must have good representation skills and carry out our core values.
- Formulate and provide gap analysis on end-user scenarios on game products
- Formulate end-user scenarios on game products
- Capture end-user game logs on PC, Microsoft, Sony, and Mobile hardware
- Analyze, identify, and report defects in a game product
- Provide high-level/detailed testing reports and documentation to stakeholders
- Work with Dev staff on upcoming project support
- Work with QA Lead staff, management, and partners to analyze testing approach and propose new testing processes
- Define and write requirements for charter process in continuous improvement efforts
- 3-6 years of quality assurance in software/web development or relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong Console, PC, and Mobile (iOS) hardware and software knowledge
- Network systems experience
- UX Reporting experience
- Knowledge of the game Industry and software development processes
- Training or experience with software testing tools: JIRA, Confluence, Slack etc…
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and process documentation
- Ability to follow documented procedures, identify potential improvements and update as necessary
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision
- Task oriented, able to set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and innovative - identify issues and implement solutions, as required
- Goal driven achiever with high productivity
- Flexible; comfortable in environment of constant change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Visio, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in leading QA projects
- Competency in Atlassian Confluence and JIRA
- Knowledge of social media: Google+, Facebook, Twitter
- Additional technical training or technical discipline
Community / Marketing Title: QA Analyst II – Online Test Group
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-15 21:54:25.727
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.