Character Artist 2
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 158083
Position Title: Character Artist 2
The Character Artist will be responsible for modeling and texturing real time 3d game art, specializing in character creation. In addition, the artist will also be responsible for adhering to proper organization and hierarchies within their art to building clean and efficient geometry. The artist should possess the ability to both model and texture human and non-human characters evenly and be able to follow instructions as set forth by the Lead Artist. As a Character Artist you will build item content for game including Modeling, UV mapping, and texturing of items per technical specification. Working closely with the Art Lead to make sure items work following the tech spec and art style.
- Clean low/high polygon, (organic and non-organic) modeling skills with strong eye for detail
- Ability to create realistic and stylized character art from concept
- Extensive experience with mesh/UV mapping and texture layout, with specific focus on character art
- Strong expertise in Maya and Photoshop
- English and Mandarin proficiency
- Excellent conceptual, illustration and design skills
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet project requirements
- 5+ years experience in 3D Character area is required
- Strong understanding of human form, anatomy and muscle structure
- Strong understanding of weight, proportion and exaggeration
- Technical skills and knowledge of production pipeline
- Formal traditional art training
- Sculpting and animation skills
- Ability to help guide junior artists
- A resume and portfolio that reflects the skills and abilities above
- Passion for games
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist 2
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-05 01:51:11.787
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.