Sr. Manager, Personalization Strategy - Dynamic Messaging
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158029
Position Title: Sr Manager, Lifycycle Marketing
Sr. Manager, Personalization Strategy - Dynamic Messaging
EA is seeking a hands-on, analytics-savvy professional who is capable of developing detailed, results-driven strategies and building cross-functional influence. The role requires someone who can guide and influence how EA engages with players across different owned channels (in-game, email, push notes, etc.). These programs use personalized experiences to help players find games, deepen their gameplay, connect with friends, and many other player journeys – spanning EA’s entire digital ecosystem.
There is no direct tactical responsibility, as this role is expected to establish and enhance how 1-to-1 messaging programs can be deployed to support acquisition, engagement and retention efforts. Deliverables can span from governance frameworks to guide AI and algorithmic models (e.g. segmentation rules, KPI alignment, measurement strategies) to identification of business and technical requirements associated with each personalization use case.
This is a visible and strategic role within EA’s Global Analytics and Insights (GAI) team and would inherit three direct reports. This position requires someone who can engage directly and collaborate on a shared vision with leads from the following teams: System Engineers, Data Scientists and Content Strategists. The candidate will be joining a vibrant, growing team who care deeply about EA players, gaming experiences and each other’s growth.
About the Team:
The Dynamic Messaging team’s primary goal is to motivate players to engage with EA games by delivering content against key moments in the player’s journey. The team focuses on leveraging behavioral and transactional data, as well as automation tools to deliver the right message at the right time, at scale. To this end, we develop enterprise-wide solutions that use automation and data to power new ways of enhancing the player experience within and outside of our games.
- Develop omnichannel, player-first strategies that reduce friction around gameplay via personalized messaging
- Partner with technology architecture, data scientists, and content planning leads to develop communication governance strategies that support game-specific needs while balancing organization-wide priorities and resources.
- Scale the use of algorithmically driven automation in enhancing player-facing experiences across channels, specifically in-game messaging, email, and SMS/push notifications
- Establish, optimize, and evangelize a consistent approach to personalization that is supported by real-world use cases and player-first results
- Identify and activate opportunities to experiment, drive innovation, unlock efficiencies across established and emerging channels, ensure enhancements provide ongoing insights
- Manage the workload, output, and ongoing development of a team of automation strategists and project managers
- Establish working rhythms, analytical frameworks, and operating processes to lead cross-functional teams in partnership
- Build relationships across geographies, functions, and levels to enable a high-performance, cross-functional team and culture
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of direct experience with CRM, digital marketing, lifecycle marketing, or system automation including:
- Digital channels, including email
- Database-driven marketing
- Subscription services
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to clearly articulate a vision and prioritize action items
- Deep curiosity around digital transformation challenges, matched with a creative and forward-thinking approach to solving them
- Experience working directly with Data Scientists, Analysts, Software Engineers, Marketing Strategists, and Project Managers
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to find common ground and partner across complex organizations
- Passionate about leading with empathy and regularly seeking feedback from colleagues and stakeholder
- Experience managing multiple projects, prioritize resources, and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable with developing thought leadership content and presenting insights to large groups and interacting with senior leaders
- Capable of coaching direct reports to successfully deliver on career development goals
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Personalization Strategy - Dynamic Messaging
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-09 22:42:58.65
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.