Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 158021
Position Title: QA Manager
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe by creating the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Making great experiences is challenging, which is why we employ creative and passionate people.
The Opportunity ahead
The Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) provides leadership to the teams of multiple projects or that of a single large franchise. Responsibilities include managing task goals and assignments, assessing risk and managing project scope.
As a QA Manager you will manage other leaders, work closely with Development Directors (DD’s), Producers, Technical Directors on the development team and you will report to the QA Director of the studio. You will also collaborate with development teams and other studio teams to manage the end-to-end test effort of their product and mitigate risks along the way. QAM’s are the keepers of the QA project schedule and play a necessary role in successfully moving the QA team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on customer service and communication.
We're on a lookout for someone with both leadership and execution skills and you will:
- Lead other managers: lead and mentor sub-teams through other managers, anticipates skill gaps and organizational needs for project and franchise, coach and cultivate QA managers within project team;
- Build teams by inspiring, motivating, and energizing: create an effective structure, establish an organization that meets project goals, inspires the creation of the team culture;
- Use your solid project management skills to: collaborate with others to determine project goals including scope, quality, and time frame; create flexible project plan, including requirement definition, task definition, talent assignment, and capacity planning;
- Manage project resources; you will determine skills requirements for current project and next and recognize latent internal talent to develop into stretch roles;
- Manage risk formally: solve root problems over multiple products; solve chronic problems by implementing corrective action plans; to help build risk assessment and mitigation strategy;
- Design test strategies using a variety of techniques, tools, and technologies: select the appropriate methods based on defined goals including cost, efficiency, effectiveness, and balance available resources, use information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- Contribute to and embody EA and QA organizational strategies, instilling shared values and focus areas within their teams. Be a translator to highlight relevance and benefits to their report;
What skills does EA look for?
- 3+ years prior experience in project and people management;
- Solid leadership experience; mediation and conflict resolution skills;
- Experience in several project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile;
- Experience working in a distributed and matrix structure;
- Nice to have - experience in software development/gaming;
What's in for you? Funny that you asked..
- A team of experts that are willing to share good practices and passion for this domain;
- Beat the rush to the northern part of the city by commuting to work in the opposite direction in a very cool office - AFI Park
- Our own FruFru store right inside our kitchenette area, to ensure we have healthy options available in case of need;
- Fresh fruits & very good coffee from Origo - pour les connaisseurs;
- Flexible hours (we get it…it’s not always easy to get up before the rooster)
- Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you)
- Additional free days for Christmas - NYE period (Except the bank holidays - some extra vacation time)
You can find out more about our programs, events and work environment on our FB page - Electronic Arts Romania, come and like us!
Community / Marketing Title: QA Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-29 14:27:42.177
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.