Software Engineer III
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 157984
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We Are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games.
We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated Software Engineers at all levels who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development environments. As a Software Engineer for Frostbite you’ll be based in Melbourne but connected to and supported by our teams around the globe.
Desired Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong C# (knowledge of latest .NET framework)
- Experience building applications using WPF
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineers' code competently
- Experience with C++/CLI highly desirable
- Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal highly desirable
- Experience in working with Source Control Systems (Perforce, SVN, GIT)
- Knowledge of working with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Experience with build systems and related concepts (TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team-first player, who works in a collaborative, team orientated fashion, though demonstrates a strong personal work ethic
- Experience or interest in team leadership would be favourable
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button.
To learn more, please visit https://www.ea.com/frostbite
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-16 03:06:36.49
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.