Senior Software Engineer, Frostbite Foundation - C++
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157948
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are Frostbite
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to provide new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
Why join the Frostbite Foundation Team?
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing new engine features and outstanding tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games with a deep player experience.
As a member of the Foundation team you will work on essential technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of the Frostbite engine. The Foundation team works on low-level technologies that span a huge number of domains. There are many opportunities available for learning and gaining unique expertise. You will be uniquely positioned to guide the future technology of Frostbite and Electronic Arts. You will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers in the company to help solve some of our most engaging problems. Your contributions will be used to build the next wave of incredible EA titles and help determine the direction of all higher level Frostbite systems, while affecting thousands of daily users.
- Provide architectural guidance, technical direction and oversight for complex systems level feature sets.
- Work with the Frostbite engineering team to determine strategic direction for systems level technology
- Collaborate with team leadership to build roadmaps
- Help improve the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team. Help in improving team productivity, code quality and sustainable development.
- Be a mentor to help develop the team.
- Design, test and maintain code to coding standards.
- Implement high-quality library and engine level automated tests for our CI cluster.
- Support others using Frostbite Foundation’s technologies.
- Manage standard libraries like EASTL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- High level of proficiency with C++.
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience.
- Standard C++ library, concurrency
- Profiling and optimization experience
- Understand memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization..
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about ourgreat perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer, Frostbite Foundation - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-08 07:16:37.057
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.