CAS Modeler (contract)
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157940
Position Title: Contingent
CAS Modeler (contract)
Location: EA Redwood Shores
Term: 6 months
EA is looking for a Character Modeler for the best-selling Sims franchise. Do you have excellent modeling and texturing abilities for games? Do you have a passion for creating real-world fashion in a 3D game? Are you able to take direction while working independently to make the best games you possibly can?
If so then we may have a job for you. Apply today and join us!
- Create, model, UV, and texture fashion assets such as t-shirts, jeans, jackets, shoes, etc. in a realistic style to a high level of aesthetic quality
- Collaborate with producers, designers, engineers and animators to understand the functional requirements and constraints of characters and how they need to be created
- Participate in reviews with the Art Director to improve aesthetic consistency and overall look
- Troubleshoot and problem solve assets that are not functioning properly in game
- Coordinate with animators and engineers to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Provide project management team with accurate estimates for scheduling work and deadlines
- Ideate on concepts and provide basic concept art for some fashion in conjunction with the Art Director
- Excellent modeling and texturing skills on clothing assets
- 3+ years modeling experience using Maya for game development
- Strong technical abilities and understanding of game development pipeline issues including a clear understanding of how art creation affects engine performance
- Knowledgeable and comfortable in the creation and use of normal maps, specular maps, and generating AO maps
- Be able to follow art direction and work from concept art when available
- Creative thinker and problem solver that can work independently if necessary
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with producers, designers, engineers as well as other artists
- Well organized and able to commit to and meet deadlines
- PC Game development experience required
- Understanding of fashion & clothing construction is a plus
- Understanding of basic animation and how animators work is a plus
- Understanding and familiarity with rigging in Maya preferred
- A portfolio demonstrating the following is required:
- Excellent 3D models in Maya and Z-Brush
- Excellent Texturing and UV skills
- Ability to create low-mid poly models consistently
- Traditional drawing and painting skills
- Strong aesthetic sensitivity to lighting for form and shadow
- Excellent sense of scale and composition in 3D
Community / Marketing Title: CAS Modeler (contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-07 22:07:48.59
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.