FIFA - Systems Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157916
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Systems Software Engineer is a critical part of a game creation process. He is involved in architectural design and implementation of core technology and foundational layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (PS4, Xbox1, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build state of the art experiences for a world-wide audience.
What a Systems Software Engineer does:
- Designs, architects and documents technical solutions covering key aspects of game-development – framerate, load-times, runtime memory usage, disk space usage, engine integrations.
- Works with other domain owners to integrate and develop core technologies, manage and optimize memory, performance and stability.
- Monitors and analyzes impact to above mentioned KPIs throughout the development cycle.
- Provides feedback, guidance & solutions for improvement & optimizations.
We are looking for:
- Strong C++, architectural and software engineering skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Xbox 1 and PS4 platforms.
- Ability to learn, test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
- Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Experience with assembler, scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C# would be awesome!
- Understanding and experience of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives from creativity and individuality.
At EA Romania, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Systems Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-01 13:27:06.393
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.