FIFA - C++ Systems Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157916
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Systems Software Engineer is an essential part of a game creation process.
You are involved in architectural design and implementation of technology and foundation layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (Play Station, XBOX, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for a world-wide audience.
What you will do as a systems engineer:
- Design, architects and documents technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development – frame-rate, load-times, run-time memory usage, disk space usage, engine integrations.
- Work with other domain owners to integrate and develop essential technologies and improve memory usage, performance and stability.
- Analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
- Provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement & optimizations.
- You will report to the systems team manager and work with your peers on developing the FIFA's foundation layer.
We are looking for:
- C++ proficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Proficiency integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C# is a plus.
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Knowledge of XBOX and Play Station platforms is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - C++ Systems Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-01 13:27:06.393
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.