C# Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157910
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Be our next great Software Engineer to join the mobile game automation group here at our studio in Bucharest. Join us for an opportunity to help release fun, internationally recognized titles such as Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Plants vs Zombies, Need for Speed: No Limits and more! Experience the creative and challenging process of AAA game development at an excellent studio.
You will be a part of a game development community that aims to constantly use creative thinking in quality and design through automation and tools. Applying technologies and experiences from EA’s automation ecosystem, your mission will be to create machine learning and risk-based testing techniques into our automation practices. You also will write tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games and advocating for best practices through tools and process.
You have well rounded programming skills, be able to work on all portions of a stack, and can assess and estimate tasks. We are looking for someone who is able to network actively across multiple groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to build excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a direct impact to our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will do:
Scope and Influence:
In this role your responsibilities would include:
- Ownership and maintenance of studio automation systems, tooling, and processes.
- Design new tooling to support development teams’ and quality verification teams’ goals.
- Instrument and tool the product to facilitate test automation and the collection of runtime metrics.
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution.
- As needed, maintain test automation scripts and studio device testing hardware.
- Knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
- 4+ years professional experience in C# development.
- 2+ years professional experience developing GUI tools, and knowledge of relevant frameworks (Qt, WPF, Xamarin) OR experience creating web interfaces (TypeScript, AngularJS).
- Full stack web development experience preferred (ASP.NET, php, or Flask).
- Strong understanding of software testing best practices and patterns.
- Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily engagement, and retrospectives.
- A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality in everything we do.
- Experience profiling software, and understanding of key indicators which contribute to performant software.
- Demonstrated experience with iOS and/or Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent).
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins or other CI system.
- Experience with containerized deployment systems such as Docker.
- Experience with Unity 3D engine.
Community / Marketing Title: C# Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-02 07:29:50.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.