Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157909
Position Title: Technical Director I
The EA Romania office is one of our fastest growing studio with some of our biggest titles being developed and tested. We have thousand and growing passionate engineers, quality analysts, artists, testers, production specialists, project managers, and IT professional working together, forming great communities for you to participate in.
The challenge ahead
Do you want to make making games better? The Technical Director will partner with the Technical Leads at several our studios and with your team to review and refine requirements, then manage your development teams to develop designs, execution, and delivery plans, then track and coordinate the delivery, and successful adoption of our technology by the users.
On the technology side, you will use technologies and experiences from EA’s automation ecosystem, your mission will be to improve machine learning and risk-based testing techniques into our automation practices. You also will write tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, and advocating for best practices through tools and process.
You'll need to be a developer with a solid technology background to provide clear vision, mission, and the strategies to execute and deliver on quality engineering solutions. You will need to have a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across multiple groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to develop excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you'll improve our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will do:
- Champion quality and performance. Define uncompromising target metrics and create processes and culture to exceed them.
- Manage the team to improve team efficiency by identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions.
- Facilitate collaboration efforts for other team members/teams/groups across multiple labels and teams.
- Identify process improvement programs to gain efficiencies, cost or quality that impact multiple teams.
- Work with development teams and different partners (partner teams, product teams, users, etc) to refine requirements for development.
- Manage the development plan, schedule, and process for multiple simultaneous projects, including tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities, and costs
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners.
- Share knowledge internally. Apply lessons learned by other teams and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
- Establish engineering best practices that enable the team to execute on time and quality
- Act as a single contact for discipline at the project level, including collaborating with key external partners, i.e. Studio Tech & Tools, Ops, Platform teams.
- Manage people and career development for leads, and ensuring there is craft leadership for the wider engineering team
- 3+ years in software development/engineering management positions.
- 5+ years in hands-on software development roles.
- You have developed and scaled test automation systems.
- You have gathered and refined use cases and turned them into requirements and designs.
- You have built teams and created a development and sharing culture.
- Expertise in leading a team to deliver results while tracking progress and manage risks.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and knowing how to connect between the iterative-process and high-level programs and milestones.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with web and mobile game development.
What's in for you? Funny that you asked..
- A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips & tricks.
- Cool location in a non-crowded area of Bucharest, very close to the subway (AFI Park).
- Flexible hours (we get it…it’s not always easy to get up before the rooster)
- Fresh fruits & a very good coffee
- Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you)
- Additional free days for Christmas - NYE period (Except the bank holidays - some extra vacation time)
At EA Romania, fresh ideas and new ways of thinking are always welcome. If you are passionate about games and the games industry, we’d like to talk with you! We are One Team, a diverse, creative and collaborative community of artists and creators united by our shared vision of excellence. We celebrate success and individuality on global and local scales, and believe that the employee experience should be just as amazing as the player experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-02 07:29:34.99
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.