Software Architect - Java
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 157904
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry
What will you do?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Architecture, the role offers a seasoned Application Architect an opportunity to build enterprise applications and solutions, including development architecture, design and coding standards, tools, or platforms. Leading a team of engineers, you will architect multiple applications both for our use. You will use the latest features and architecture principles to solve complex problems of modern applications. You will also work with Scrum masters and Product owners to determine and deliver the software bits. Building the product or application end-to-end from technical side would be part of your responsibility.
- As a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high-volume, high transaction-based web applications
- Be a hands-on person leading the global team from the front
- Deliver experiences in partnership with distributed diverse teams to ensure the architectural vision are communicated and delivered to the highest standards.
- Work as an architecture team lead on large diverse projects, ensuring that scalable solutions are implemented and delivered.
- CI & CD using Jenkins or any other build tool.
- Track development deliverables and communicate their status to global teams.
- Estimate engineering effort during different stages of the project life cycle.
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance on all new code from beginning through integration, staging and production environments.
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness while collaborating and working with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers.
- Mentor 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals.
- Oversee end-to-end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards of code quality and efficiency.
- Perform research and implement best practices for improvement.
- Follow agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
The next great EA Applications Architect also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Java, and other Java based open source technologies like Apache foundation.
- Architect and deploy high-volume, high transaction-based, distributed and redundant web applications.
- Architect web on cloud platforms such as AWS.
- You have led technical teams in delivering web technology architecture, design and implementation.
- Understand full stack modern technologies from UI layer to middleware and DB layer in great detail.
- Understand modern distributed architecture and development frameworks (such as SOA, Serverless, Microservices) for scalable and very efficient applications
- Excellent understanding of design patterns.
- Database experience including, Oracle and MySQL, including writing SQL Queries
- Experience writing shell scripts
- Hands-on coding experience
- Excited to learn
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Sense of humor
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Architect - Java
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-01 19:47:21.29
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.