UX Designer - Pogo Platform
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 157859
Position Title: Experience Designer II
Job Title: UX Designer
Location: Seattle, WA
Pogo is building the world’s best online casual games destination, a place of playful relaxation and joy for millions of gamers across all walks of life. Our talented global team delivers state-of-the-art HTML5 games across the top casual genres, which support increasingly sophisticated metagames and social interactions. Pogo’s loyal fans and long-time subscribers count on us for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, and new games. Our live service delivers!
About This Position
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help support the launch of our next generation gaming destination website. As a Senior UX Designer, you will refine, manage and ship interfaces for our platform, achievements, collections and social features. You will partner closely with UX Design, UI and Marketing Artists, Engineering, and Product Managers during the production phase to provide continuous improvements and project deliverables for our website redesign initiative.
The ideal candidate is comfortable dealing with product legacy and finding innovative solutions to balance user needs and technical constraints. You are well-versed in responsive website design and supporting multiple breakpoints utilizing Sketch. You are detail oriented and masterfully combine functionality and playfulness in your design deliverables.
What You Will Do
- Join a cross-functional team responsible for delivering the end-to-end platform experience for players across multiple devices.
- Collaborate with other Designers and Product Managers to create journey maps, flows, wireframes and prototypes to communicate how features should work.
- Building and maintaining UX guidelines.
- Conduct usability research to bring the wireframes and prototypes you create into user testing.
What You Will Bring
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop user stories, wireframes at multiple breakpoints, flow diagrams, prototypes and high-fidelity visuals.
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, inVision, Zeplin, Proto.io and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile and tablet UI/UX.
- A deep empathy for the user.
- An eye for visual design and the ability to work within brand guidelines.
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal), presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience.
- 2+ years professional user experience design practice.
- Advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role.
- Expert knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of interaction design.
- Ability to create low to high fidelity prototypes.
What’s In It For You?
A creative environment, engaging work, excellent benefits and lots of great perks. Plus, the chance to shape the gaming habits and lifestyles of everyone you know – not just the gamers in your family, but all types of players. It takes dedication to deliver never-ending content for Pogo’s top-tier game service. Do you have the game breadth of knowledge and depth of design talent to tackle this challenge?
Pogo has been the leader for online casual games since 1998. We are the ultimate online community to play free casual games, including classic card and board games, modern puzzle and match games, plus great original content. Our unique service provides countless hours of fun to millions of Pogo fans, and we are determined to grow that fanbase even bigger -- without gouging their pocketbooks, grinding their fingers numb, or wasting their brainpower with needless layers of complexity.
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer - Pogo Platform
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-30 20:57:36.407
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.