C# Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157844
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Develop software applications to support the world-wide game development process. Work as part of a development team to provide solutions and services to teams involved in the game development. Provide third level user support and assistance in the administration of live services.
Code, language, architectural design and testing:
- Write purposeful, readable, straightforward code, following standards including syntax and structure, incorporating feedback from code reviews;
- Used memory management mechanisms (new/delete, garbage collection) – depending on language and platform;
- Create unit test cases on sections of owned code; build test cases and identifies any code/defects fixes to be made;
Requirements analysis and planning:
- Collect requirements for numerous features for a single project;
- Review and validate requirements with customers;
- Process and documents a section of requirements;
- provide time estimates and tracks time for assigned tasks;
- Participate in the daily stand up meetings;
- Ensure deadlines are met;
- Participate in collaborative efforts within their own team;
- Share knowledge and progress with teammates concerning collaborative efforts and offers assistance to other teammates when in a position to do so;
- Maintain good relation with global team members and with other departments;
- Help resolve tickets assigned to the group;
- May be assigned to off-hours on-call level 3 support for specific periods of time;
- Participate in support and administrative actions related to the installation and maintenance of live systems;
- Respect internal rules and procedures;
- Observe internal performance evaluation process;
- Proficient in English (speaking, writing, reading);
Job qualifications and requirements
- bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Software Engineering (or related discipline);
- at least 2 years of experience developing web and mobile applications;
- at least 1 year of experience of Microsoft .NET framework technologies such as Entity Framework, LINQ, collections, generics, exceptions, threads, packages, garbage collection, and dependency injection;
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL and desirable experience with other RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL);
- 5+ years of experience of OOP (Object-oriented Programming) concepts;
- knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies;
- experience working on larger projects following industry standards (e.g. Agile) desirable;
- systems analysis and translate user requirements into solution.
Community / Marketing Title: C# Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-30 07:35:20.297
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.