Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 157838
Position Title: DM
Electronic Arts - Pogo
At Pogo, we exist to be the best casual games destination in the world and we want you to join us! We’re looking for a Development Manager to join our team in Shanghai. If you’re passionate about gaming and leading a dedicated team on one of EAs longest running live services, come work with us in the Pogo studio.
As a Development Manager (DM), you’ll primarily drive planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build and ship new content, features, games and site improvements.
This is a leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, peers, and product leadership. DM’s focus on outcomes, solving problems, and making things work (or work better). You’ll develop, maintain, and drive the project schedule from start to finish, while making sure the path is clear of obstacles for your team.
You’ll be accountable for leading the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, monitoring development KPIs and seeking out and applying knowledge to improve the organization.
As a Development Manager, your responsibilities include:
Managing the project:
- Act as Scrum Master for a cross-functional development team(s)
- Drive development execution from concept to live
- Create project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within resource, financial, and development partner constraints
- Anticipate bottlenecks and risks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and drive the process forward
Leading the team:
- Own the project schedule and communicate any divergence from the plan
- Report status at regular intervals, escalate urgent issues in a timely manner
- Hold the team accountable to its commitments
- Working with discipline leaders, evaluate individual performance and potential of team members, provide appropriate recognition and constructive feedback
- Educate the team on best practices, processes, and standards as needed
- Inspire and motivate team(s) through personal example
Being part of the team:
- Manage stakeholder communication and requirements
- Form close working relationships with team and discipline leads
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- 2 + years project management or team leadership experience (preferably game development)
- Solid foundation in project management methodologies and tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development life cycles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Game development experience (casual gaming or mobile gaming preferred)
- Familiarity with Pogo.com and EA’s mobile products
- Project management certifications or training
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-29 08:05:43.457
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.