Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157836
Position Title: Sr Producer
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and experienced Sr. Producer to help ideate, champion, and lead a new mobile game. This is a unique opportunity to join the studio behind Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
As a Sr. Producer, your chief responsibility is to manage and lead the entire cross-discipline development effort through all phases of development, from initial concept through prototyping, project scoping, production, finaling, soft launch, worldwide launch, and into what should be many years of successful live service.
You will partner closely with an experienced Development Director to establish and lead a team of existing experienced game developers, as well as new recruits. You will be the chief product owner, player representative, and vision holder for your team, focusing on product and business outcomes, feature quality, and stakeholder alignment.
This is a key leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, development partners, studio leadership, and EA executives. Successful candidates will have a mixture of creative, leadership, managerial, and innovation experience from the F2P gaming & live service space.
Key Leadership Responsibilities
- Provide strong leadership, inspire the team through example setting and enthusiasm
- Build a resilient, capable team which embraces accountability, and takes pride in its accomplishments
- Establish trust and credibility with the studio leadership and EA executives
- Build an effective partnership with the Lead Development Director
- Form close working relationships with discipline directors, providing regular coaching and mentoring (as needed)
- Build effective working relationships with supporting partner organizations such as Legal, Marketing, Publishing, and a Licensor
Key Production Responsibilities
- Drive execution from concept to live, accountable for meeting milestones and quality targets
- Create and manage the product roadmap which maps major feature deliverables to milestones
- Serve as chief product owner: maintain the product backlog, ensure work is defined and prioritized, approve completed work, etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define content/tech/feature requirements and desired player experience
- Establish quality targets, set product vision, and drive to achieve stakeholder alignment
- Partner with Product Managers and Data Analysts to respond to changing player needs and market trends
- Manage live services, including play tests during development
- Identify and address production and organizational issues (tracked to completion)
- Keep the team informed on development results, schedule, and changes
- Ensure the team is trained on the necessary skills, processes, and best practices
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions to achieve results
- Seek out and apply knowledge to improve the organization
- 10+ years of production experience in video game development
- 7+ years in a team leadership role
- Mastery of mobile games market and business models
- Solid understanding of how to run a business
- Key leadership role in at least one “successful” mobile game
- Game has occupied a position in the Top 100 Grossing Games list for an extended period of time (as ranked per AppAnnie)
- Expertise using production tools and multimedia software applications
- Excellent conceptual and technical writing skills
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills
- Sound decision-making - balances data analysis, market knowledge, and professional judgement
- High degree of initiative - pursues opportunities for improvement
- Ownership mentality - accountable, invested in outcomes
- Humility and Integrity
"Tell me about Sacramento"
Sacramento hosts an approachable metropolitan lifestyle, where home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer’s markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Producer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-27 17:37:57.21
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.