Sr. Creative Director
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157835
Position Title: Sr Creative Director [M]
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and experienced Sr. Creative Director with a proven track record of leading creative teams to success. This is a unique opportunity to join the studio behind Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
As a Creative Director, you’ll act as a guiding force for games across the studio, providing vision for each, and ensuring alignment with core design philosophies, represented through concept, quality, and innovation.
- Collaborate with studio leadership to craft strategy and articulate long-term plans
- Concept and pitch high-level game concepts
- Evangelize concepts and generate excitement and enthusiasm inside and outside of the studio
- Build a collaborative relationship with our development teams
- Participate in design brainstorm sessions
- Ensure healthy pre-production practices that allow for idea incubation prior to execution
- At least one title launched/shipped in a Sr. Creative Director role
- Excellent pitch, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Ability to provide both focused (low level) and inspiring (high level) creative leadership
- Sensitivity to mass-market audience appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
- Passion for playing and making games, and a strong understanding of what makes them “fun”
- Solid understanding of social games and the mechanics that work well within them
- Experience with rapid prototyping and data-driven design and development
- Game industry experience in another discipline (programming, art, production, audio, etc.)
"Tell me about Sacramento"
Sacramento hosts an approachable metropolitan lifestyle, where home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer’s markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Creative Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-27 17:37:01.18
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.