Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157756
Position Title: Lighter
We are EA Create, a centralized creative team that enhances the art direction and overall vision of the games we work on. As a lighter, you will work in one of the most progressive environments within the entertainment industry. You will light Physically Based Materials using Real-World Absolute Light Values through a Physically Based Camera system threaded through a film-based HDR Grading pipeline. The lighter is a Virtual Cinematographer. Here at EA, you will be asked and empowered to redefine what games can be!
We focus on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners, we share a unified passion for creating outstanding visuals. We are adventurous, creative, courageous and we take chances. We are looking for pioneers who cut new paths.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
- Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
- Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
Required Technical Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography.
- Solid Experience using at least one of the industry standard 3D packages, including Maya, Houdini, XSI, 3D Studio Max, and Lightwave
- Experience using game engines including Unreal, Unity, Frostbite
- Knowledge of colour theory, composition, light, and form
- Proficient at rendering, creating shading networks, polygonal modelling, and texture UV.
- Strong ability to work from reference materials
- Strong ability to light complex interior and exterior scenes.
- Experience with film, photography, or theater is a plus
- You should work well within a team
- You will be asked to deliver high-quality work
- Experience working in games preferred
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Have questions about the role: Paola Chavez, Senior Recruiter email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Lighting Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-19 21:53:06.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.