Junior Software Engineer - Cloud, Golan & Kubernetes
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 157754
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown. Yep - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
You will report to the Director of Engineering and help build the platform to support next-generation game experiences. Our cross-platform, cross-game player network encompasses EA Digital Platform (EADP) services including identity, commerce, marketplace, social, and data and player experiences in a modern cloud operating model. This large-scale, always-on collection of services powers EA’s network of games that are experienced by tens of millions of monthly active users. You will build server-side systems that achieves new functionality to the platform, provide cloud enablement frameworks and cloud operation services to both EADP and game studios, and work on regular improvements to the systems to keep them at top-notch performance.
What a Software Engineer does on EA’s Cloud Platform team:
- You will work directly with divisional and game studio partners to gather requirements while contributing to releasing games to market
- You will collaborate with product and program management to ensure clarity and understanding of features and priorities.
- You will develop creative solutions that address customer requests, new product features, and production defects.
- Evolve project statements into preliminary engineering designs and topologies.
- Expand designs into engineering execution plans and engineering tasks
- Design and guide the development and quality processes, coding practices.
- You will track issues and items using team development tools, prioritizing and communicating development progress.
- You will develop product features.
- Validate that product has passed quality gates. Contribute to post-mortems for unsuccessful releases.
- Collaborate with support teams to debug and resolve production incidents
- Enhance EA’s engineering capabilities through tracking of peers, industry, segment, and technology.
- Become an expert in the field and informed/knowledgeable about related fields, and roles.
- Work with and contribute to the open-source software Kubernetes community.
The Next Great EA Cloud Software Engineer needs to have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Hands-on commercial development experience, preferably on a services team
- Proficiency with an OO language
- Experience with a public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, and GCloud, etc.)
- Experience of teamwork within a modern service development lifecycle.
- Experience building, deploying, and operating high traffic services
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerized applications
- Develop multi-threaded architecture in web and data technologies
- Database experience with relational or NoSQL solutions
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Software Engineer - Cloud, Golan & Kubernetes
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-24 18:14:33.627
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.