Live Operations Technical Lead
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157738
Position Title: Program Manager II
Live Operations Technical Lead
The Live Operations Technical Lead is primarily responsible for maintaining a highly technical and professional relationship within a cross functional team during all phases of the service life cycle. From build-out, deployment, to ongoing service support and maintenance. They will also create, and maintain, all documentation needed to assure a high level of service.
Skills you have:
- A solid understanding of ITIL Service Operation
- Experienced in process implementation within an operational context.
- At least 5 years of working with n-tier SOA applications in Java, Scala or Python in a web 2.0, enterprise IT, service provider, or web service environment.
- Makes self available to other staff members as a source of information.
- Develops and coordinates knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrable hands on experience including, but not limited to:
- Expert level practical AWS experience.
- Deep knowledge of continuous delivery process and practice. Jenkins knowledge, artifactory, maven, sbt, version control highly valued.
- Deep knowledge across multiple of: Java, Java based APIs, Scala, Nginx, the Play Framework, Apache Tomcat, J2EE
- Familiarity with maintaining long-lived APIs (XML,JSON)
- High level of knowledge of CDN strategies.
- High level of Linux system administration experience, preferably Ubuntu based, alternatively RHEL or centOS 6.x and 7.x
- Expert level ability to script in multiple common scripting languages.
- Expert level experience in any of chef, puppet, ansible or cfengine.
- Experience in designing solution for monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools. (Sensu, Zabbix, Nagios, Keynote, Argent, Logicmonitor etc.). Splunk also beneficial.
- High level application process flow and problem solving techniques.
- Advanced in the concepts and implementation of CI/CD.
- High level of understanding of software configuration management and release management
- Professional manner when working within cross-functional teams. A relationship builder.
- Ability and desire to work in an agile team environment.
- Experience working with ticketing systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining excellent technical documentation for internal and external consumption.
- Experience with “big data” tech: Cassandra, HADOOP and zookeeper.
- Experience in systems, storage and network automation, kickstart, cobbler.
- Networking knowledge at layer 2, 3, loadbalancing, firewalls.
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 software infrastructure (to include internet scale platforms)
- Delivering applications using Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience diagnosing complex API issues through packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump).
- Experience in various compliance regimes such as SOX, SAS70 or PCI.
- Somebody who is proactive and self-initiated in approach.
- This position may require an element of on-call in a rotation.
Community / Marketing Title: Live Operations Technical Lead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-20 19:06:44.793
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.