Senior Game Product Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157736
Position Title: Sr Game PM I
Senior Game Product Manager – The Sims
Location: Redwood City, CA
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
As a Product Manager on The Sims, you’ll be working with a large but tight-knit team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You are autonomous and able to convert business goals into actionable tasks and follow them through to completion, gathering together and inspiring a team of like-minded collaborators.
The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base attracting a large young female skewing audience. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
- Champion the perspective of product from within a large and successful game development team.
- Ensure that the game systems are built and optimized for acquisition, depth of monetization and sustained engagement.
- Own the setting of target KPIs and work together with producers and analysts to drive the experimentation roadmap and validation of the critical business questions.
- Actively communicate progress towards business goals within the studio as well as to our key partners and EA executives.
- Be the genre expert – build a deep understanding within the game team about competing titles, best in class mechanics and important trends in products.
- Develop and test hypotheses to improve all game KPIs with A/B testing, in game promotions and sales. Turn data into insights and make recommendations for the game team to continuously improve our games.
- Work closely with the game design and analytics team to define and implement telemetry/tracking events, reporting and data visualization tools.
- A strong passion for games is a MUST, especially Life Simulation games.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills. Proactive and creative approach to always find the truth behind the numbers.
- Experience with data driven decision-making processes.
- Ability to work independently in ambiguous and dynamic work environments.
- Strong team communicator with an ability to negotiate and unite subject experts to take on complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English.
- Ability to effectively and systematically use data to support recommendations.
- Great attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize competing needs versus deadlines.
- Deep understanding of mathematical and financial modelling.
- Experience working with SQL and R or other statistical tools are an asset.
- A thirst for continuous learning and improving our understanding of how successful games work.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Finance / Engineering / Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management Role.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-19 14:13:37.747
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.