Software Asset Management (SAM) Business Analyst
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 157720
Position Title: Business IT Analyst II
We Are EA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods, products, and online services delivered through internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets, and social networks. EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed, Battlefield, and Mass Effect.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Software Asset Management team is on an exciting transformation. As part of this, we are automating our tools and processes, to enable us to further extend our portfolio of services at EA.
What a SAM Business Analyst does at EA:
- Support the global Software Asset Management team (SAM) in the analysis work for their compliance programme at EA.
- Use and mature the SAM processes in place to provide analysis on the current software environment for cost savings and cost mitigation strategies.
- Support our business partners with data analysis to bring clarity to current state usage for tactical next steps in running an efficient estate and to enable strategic decisions for new contract formation, renegotiation and future planning.
The next great EA SAM Business Analyst also needs:
- Experience of managing software licensing across various platforms (desktop, server and cloud) at an enterprise level beneficial
- Demonstrated knowledge of software asset lifecycle
- Basic understanding of hardware and software asset management processes
- Broad knowledge into the complexities of license contract terms and software license types
- High analytical ability and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience in analysing actuals, reviewing risks and opportunities
- The ability to turn data into a meaningful assessment
- Experience in producing polished analysis and reporting
- Adjusts to changing situations and expectations and shows willingness to learn new ways to achieve goals
- Identifies problems, understands root cause and effect and solves independently within assigned space
- Organises and prioritises work independently
- Experience utilising a software license management system e.g. Snow, Flexera etc. (Not Essential)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly communicate information when in meetings, when resolving problems, working on projects, and presenting information and reports.
- Develop cross functional relationships, in particular with legal, Group Procurement, Product and Service owners.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Asset Management (SAM) Business Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-19 00:22:57.237
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.