Software Engineer Intern
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157700
Position Title: Intern General
The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group is responsible for providing unified AI resources across all franchises within Electronic Arts. Our group develops AI and data driven solutions to game team problems, as well as common AI infrastructure for use in every facet of the company. From data modeling to agent building, we utilize a modern, cloud-based tech stack with best-in-class tools to provide solutions and platforms empowering the future state of game development, marketing, sales, and player experience.
Help define and build a unified data platform across EA, spanning 20+ game studios as data sources
- Develop infrastructure software that slice and dice data, using Hadoop and Map/Reduce
- Design and Develop reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Write reliable and efficient programs scaling to massive (petabyte) datasets and large clusters of machines
- Flexibility to work with both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Work closely with data modelers, business data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and deliver to production
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, and storage processes
• Working on MS with experience in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Software development experience, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, or other NoSQL stacks a strong plus
- Fluency with Java, SQL, Perl/Python, or C++
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, perl, awk, python
- Experience working with columnar analytics databases or relational databases is a plus
- Experience with data modeling and BI tools is a plus
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment • Great communication, time-management, and teamwork skills
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-19 22:50:20.38
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.