Art Director - Presentation/UI
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157682
Position Title: Art Director
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking an experienced leader who is eager to join us in our drive to create a highly engaging user experience for an unannounced AAA title.
As the Presentation Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation of assets that enhance the usability and visual identity of the game.
Work task examples:
- Conceptualize and develop the visual style of the game’s user interface and front-end menus
- Work with your team to create interactive prototypes to convey functionality, flow and animation states
- Create in-game assets and visualize other important elements that set the visual bar for quality
- Provide feedback on the work done by internal and external developers
- Effectively manage deliverables, ensuring your team stays on track
Skills We Look For:
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite with major focus on Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience with 3D modeling software
- Superior eye for detail, color and motion
- Ability to convey gameplay concepts in a visual manner
- Flexibility to work on multiple titles and platforms simultaneously
- Passion and insight into latest UI design trends within the game industry
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles across multiple platforms
- Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director - Presentation/UI
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-18 21:20:31.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.