Online Software Engineer - C++
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 157674
Position Title: Software Engineer III
AEA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
EA’s NBA LIVE 18 had an impressive launch, thanks to many awesome features like The One, an all-new dynamic game experience centered around the player, the choices they make, and how they will define their legacy on the court.
Basketball in Spain produces some of the best international players to ever step foot on an NBA court. That’s why EA SPORTS is excited to announce that we are expanding our NBA LIVE console team into Madrid – where the passion for the sport is only matched by the talent on the ground.
Interested in joining our team? EA Madrid is looking for passionate Software Engineers and Development Managers of all levels to develop genre-bending features like The One for our NBA LIVE franchise.
The Challenge Ahead:
To provide major online gaming components and features for the NBA Live franchise with a focus on code quality, extensibility and testability, and to provide support to engineers on the team. You will design next-generation game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services
What an Online Software Engineer does at EA:
- Participate in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Write code and help with the designing for interfaces for game systems using C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Help evaluate system performance, troubleshoot, and develop complex modifications to applications as needed
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity
- Work directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows
- Identify bottlenecks and slow queries and improve them.
The next great EA Online Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience in a Windows environment. Linux experience is a plus.
- Experience with client-server architectures, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, and latency
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Lua, Python), XML and C#.
- Test and debug other Software Engineer's code competently
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that are motivated by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Click here if you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Online Software Engineer - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-17 11:37:33.823
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.