Director Experience Design
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157626
Position Title: Director, Experience Design
Director, Experience Design
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for a hands-on, impact-motivated Design Director to lead a team of experience designers. You will partner closely with the product and engineering directors to help shape the product roadmap to build successful products to cater to players, artists, developers, and general employees in a growing company. You will oversee designers across all product portfolios within EA’s technology organization - including player, employee, game creation, company operations, security portfolios.
You will shape the future of how experience design is structured within the technology department, and manage/build/scale a team of individual contributors and design managers and shape a culture that enables creativity, diverse collaboration, open feedback, and design excellence across the organization. As a design expert, you will work with product and engineering to ensure resource planning. As a people manager, you will mentor and support design managers and individual contributors to hone their craft and career development. You will create operational efficiencies for execution, collaboration and high-quality design outcomes; influence product vision by facilitating workshops with diverse teams; and, socialize the amazing work of the team externally.
About the team ** Please note that this is NOT a game design UX role **
We're a small, but mighty design team and the things that you will work on will improve the future of EA. You will stretch yourself, and learn and lean on others as you hone in our your craft.
- Lead a team of designers responsible for EA’s technology products across portfolios
- Lead by example, supporting and advocating for designers and design managers in creating user-centered experiences while balancing our goals.
- Split your time between being a people manager, practice leader, and design-thinking expert
- Be a promoter for best practices across different platforms and design areas (research, UX/UI, etc.), ensuring consistency across deliverables between different portfolios
- Partner closely with product and engineering leads to ensure design is adequately staffed, anticipate all upcoming design resourcing needs.
- Partner closely with other design teams across the organization to ensure consistency in deliverables where needed
- Ensure design team is equipped with necessary tools to make an impact
- Meet with your team of designers and managers by giving feedback on design work, career progress, work satisfaction, and general happiness
- Shape and create a collaborative design culture
- Hands-on experience designing and shipping successful products
- Experience as a people manager - managing and scaling a design team of 5 or more
- Expertise in UX/UI design and partner management
- Expertise in the design thinking methodologies, well versed in rapid prototyping and iterative processes
- Expertise leading product strategy and user experience vision
- Expertise in the general managing of design workshops
- Deep knowledge in conducting qualitative research
- The ability to inspire different audiences
- A collaborator with product management, engineering, and multiple partners
- Experience designing for third-party tools (e.g., Salesforce)
Community / Marketing Title: Director Experience Design
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-19 00:23:11.22
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.