Senior Network Engineer
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 157579
Position Title: Senior Network Engineer / Lead
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The challenge ahead:
The Network Engineer will be part of a team responsible for delivering corporate network services for data center and branch offices in a mission-critical enterprise. The role will encompass engineering, delivery, operational support, performance management, network analysis, metric reporting, and administration for the EA Enterprise Network.
This is a senior level role amongst other senior design and delivery engineers. Opportunity exists for the candidate to specialize expertise in network programmability, cloud, data center, backbone, security, and/or wireless areas.
What a Network Engineer does at EA:
- design and deploy network services
- configure and maintain network equipment
- capacity planning, performance tuning, and configuration optimization
- planning and execution of changes, assessing and mitigating risks
- provision new services, migrate existing services, circuits, etc.
- conduct feasibility, impact, and cost studies, develop solution options
- highest level operational support, triage, break/fix, incident resolution
- drawing diagrams, producing solution (physical and logical) documentation
- develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methodology
- consistent configuration and deployment of network services aligned to architectural standards
- use of network tools for administration, maintenance, automation, and visualization/reporting
- conduct economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections
- Be a true engineer: Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for continuous learning and development: Willingness and desire to learn, appetite for understanding new things, have an insatiable curiosity.
- Be passionate about network technology and demonstrate awareness of industry trends/direction.
- 5 + years hands-on experience in delivery, provisioning, troubleshooting and migrating networks
- Advanced understanding of OSI Reference model and IETF TCP/IP suite and typical implementations.
- Good understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols for routed protocols IPv4/IPv6.
- Good understanding of the hierarchical network and next gen firewall platforms architectures.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Network Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-12 11:20:47.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.