Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157541
Position Title: QA Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) provides leadership to the QA teams of multiple projects or that of a single large franchise. Responsibilities include planning and managing task objectives and assignments, assessing risk and managing project scope.
A QA Manager manages other QA leaders and partners with Development Directors (DD’s) and Producers on the development team. A QAM is responsible for the professional and career advancement of their direct reports. In addition, a QAM collaborates with development teams and other studio teams to manage the end-to-end test effort of their product and mitigate risks along the way. QAM’s are the keepers of the QA project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the QA team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on customer service and communication.
- Contributes to and embodies EA and QA organizational strategies, instilling shared values and focus areas within their teams. Acts as a translator to highlight relevance and benefits to their reports
- Creates productive working relationships with other discipline leaders within the studio to increase goal alignment and represent their team to studio leadership
- Identifies and implements process improvements: evolves, optimizes, and defines project-wide processes across multiple projects proactively
- Communicates within project and to external groups: adapts content and detail to match audience, regularly collaborates outside of project team to solve problems and share best practices, communicates to and on behalf of the team, speaks with impact
- Builds effective teams by inspiring, motivating, and energizing: creates an effective organizational structure, defines an organization that meets project goals, drives the creation of the team culture
- Leads other managers: leads and mentors sub-teams through other managers, anticipates skill gaps and organizational needs for project and franchise, mentors and cultivates QA managers within project team
- Solid project management skills: collaborates with others to define project goals including scope, quality, and timeframe; creates flexible project plan, including requirement definition, task definition, talent assignment, and capacity planning;
- Directs team and managers to completion, modifying project plans as necessary; communicates project plan and progress to team and above
- Owns overall schedule for QA project, including interaction with external EA groups
- Manages project resources: ensures planned capacity will deliver project on time, quality, and budget; assesses skills requirements for current project and next; recognizes latent internal talent to develop into stretch roles
- Manages risk proactively and formally: solves root problems over multiple products; solves chronic problems by implementing corrective action plans; responsible for risk assessment and mitigation strategy
- Designs test strategies using a variety of techniques, tools, and technologies: selects the appropriate methods based on defined objectives including cost, efficiency, effectiveness, and balancing available resources, uses information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- Determine dependencies and priorities between tasks within the team
- Monitor progress of work
- Communicate Priorities with team members
- Liaise with internal and external groups on issues
- Review project status reports and provide feedback to teams
- Be accountable for the committed deadlines
What skills does EA look for?
- 3-5 years Project Management or Project Coordination experience
- Nice to have, but not required would be 2-3 years of software development experience
- 2-3 years of leadership experience; strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Community / Marketing Title: QA Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-10 21:58:54.243
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.